[NOW CLOSED] Su Ra Sang Korean Restaurant, Part 2

* This is a continuation of the first Su Ra Sang Korean Restaurant post *


The Korean dishes have already been posted up on the first review of this restaurant, now comes the Japanese dishes review!

Su Ra Sang officially launched their Japanese dishes on 15th December 2010, and like their Korean dishes, their Japanese dishes were delicious as well! Seriously!

I mean just by looking at these photos below, you'll see why!

Beef-with-Sweet-Sauce

Beef with Sweet Sauce. The beef was succulent and tender, and the sweet sauce was sweet but not too sweet. One of our favourite dishes at the restaurant!

Korokke

The Potato Korokke. With a crispy exterior with a creamy mashed potato interior, topped with some mayonnaise and Ebiko (prawn eggs), it's a perfect snack or a side dish! Simply yummy!

Shishamo

The Shishamo or Pregnant Fish.

I'm not a fan of this dish as I just cannot stand the taste and smell of this fish (even though I love fish eggs, but only if it's fried!), but according to WC, it's really delicious. 

Perhaps y'all should give it a try and let me know afterwards, ya?

Soft-Shell-Crab

The fried Soft Shelled Crabs. I love how it isn't completely covered with flour, so you can still taste the crabs. 

Definitely another one of my favourite dishes. Enough said.

Tama-Unagi

The Tama Unagi, which is the eel egg roll. 

I personally like how the egg taste doesn't overpower the overall roll, and if you're a fan of unagi and/or egg roll, this is a must try.

Teppanyaki-Chicken

The Chicken Teppanyaki, served on an iron griddle/plate. It's just oh.so.good!

Green-Tea-Tofu-with-Katsuobushi

And finally, the Green Tea Tofu with Katsuobushi. This is a very unique dish, as the inside looks like this:

Green Tea Tofu with Kashibushi

Green tea tofu on one side, normal tofu on the other side, with some sliced vegetables inside. Looks nice, isn't it? Believe me, it tastes pretty nice, too! Try it for yourself if you don't believe me!

So if you can't decide on whether to choose Korean or Japanese food for your next meal, why not have both at the same time? ;) 

** This eatery serve no pork **

~~~~~~
Su Ra Sang Korean Restaurant
D Junction, 1st Floor
Jalan Penampang, 88300 Kota Kinabalu
Operating Hours: 11.00am - 2.30pm, 5.30pm - 10.00pm (open daily)
Tel: +60 88 703 103
~~~~~~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading your post made me want to try eat at this restaurant. So, last 2 weeks me & my friend went to the place. Sadly, it was not opened for business (apparently we tried calling but the number was listed not in service anymore).

According to the next door neighbour (Indian restaurant), this restaurant has been closed for more than a month already. I am not sure if they have closed business or what...but I surely have missed the opportunity to try their dishes :'(

Caneeliea said...

Makiko: I've asked around, yes it's true they have closed down for more than a month now.

I also heard the owner have other branches around KK, will find out more info for you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, my family and I used to dine at this restaurant! Actually they did not close their business but had actually moved to 1Borneo. Anyway, we have not patronize their new outlet at 1B so, please do check around when you go to 1B. ;-)